Welcome, Guest. June 28, 2017, 12:51:05 AM

+  Lancia Gamma Forum
|-+  Lancia Gamma Forum General Category
| |-+  Technical Tips
| | |-+  gamma questions

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: gamma questions  (Read 378 times)
johnny48
Consortium Member

« on: April 18, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »

with winter having returned in last 3 days, all over Germany - even here in the Rhein Valley Sud,  I'm glad that I didn't get around to changing tires on winter (goldgrey) kC...changing winter tires  to summer tires... nor get around to deregistering that winter kC, to park in a dry place - until next winter, leaving on winter tires. 
Nor to register summer kC (nero), which has always had only summer tires. 

You don't really want to know why we have 2 quite nice kC.

Speaking  kappa: German Language "Motor Classic Magazine" daughter,  "Youngtimer Magazine", April Edition praised  kappa in a 5cyl 4 door comp-test....dropping terms -in German- like "fine wood dash bits" (not true, they are plastic-wood, very nice plastic-wood though; 'no engine noise at low rpm - Ferrari Engine Excited mulit-valve Sounds after accelerating to over 5000 RPM' - both of which are true & rather nice to not hear or to hear, depending on rpm.  NOTE: I seldom get over 5000 rpm; "timeless design in a pininfarina vein" - which I'm not sure is true at all nor do I care if it is true or not. I agree that the SWB kC is off-balance front to rear; but my of my doesn't it have a big-boot/trunk.             2.4 kappa beats lower HP  2.2 Audi CE 4wd & (Porsche Engined) higher HP  2.8 Volvo Turbo.

Speaking  p'farina...yes, I still enjoy (on dry days) a drive in our gC. It is still not so popular with a certain "other".  It is now at Brians shop; he who  cringes when he see me arriving in yet another Lance that he has never seen nor worked on before.  It is 'in' for routine matters.
Brian Dornmüller - Thorn-Grinder translated to English - told me to get the plugs; oil-filter; anti-freeze of my choice.   

?'s: Am I still OK with NGK 2912 BP8ES Plugs ?
What is the latest consensus on Oil-Fllter & Green Cooling-Fluid & a Water Additive ?; which are offered by several German Manufacturers &/or Importers  on Line.

I want to be 'on the money' at the upcoming gamma NL Meeting; so 'my' gC will also go to Leather Shop to have front left seat soon looking as good as the front right & rear seat; which are unused.

NOTE: next Monday is register / deregister kC day ! gC stays registered
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: The Gamma Consortium Website and the Lancia Gamma Forum are available free and are non-profit websites run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Lancia Gamma. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by the Gamma Consortium or any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in the Forum are those of the contributors and not of the Gamma Consortium. The Gamma Consortium cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The Administrators and Moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a discriminatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.

Lancia Gamma Forum Powered by SMF 1.1.21 SMF © 2006, Simple Machines
If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this website, please e-mail lgf@gammaconsortium.com

Click to visit www.Thotos.com